File Explorer Plus/Root
FX File Explorer version 3.0 is now available with a new Holo UI!
FX File Explorer is a file manager with optional media, networking, cloud, and root capabilities. FX is designed to let you quickly and easily manage all content on your phone or tablet.
FX has no ads.
The free main module of FX File Explorer (this product) includes all file management features for working with files on your phone/tablet.
The “FX Plus” add-on adds media management, network (FTP, SFTP, SMB, WebDAV) and cloud capabilities (Dropbox, Google Drive, SkyDrive, Box, SugarSync). The “Plus” add-on is a paid app (with a 7-day free trial).
The free “FX Root” add-on is for developers and knowledgeable enthusiasts who need to make changes as the root user.
- Productivity-oriented layout: The “Home Screen” shows bookmarks, storage, tools and (with FX+)
- media/network locations. You no longer have to wade through the garbage that apps store in the root folder of your SD card to get to the places you actually use.
- Dual pane mode and unlimited windows (quickly switch between different locations)
- Pinch-to-zoom in any “Explorer” window, zoom-in to see additional information about items
- Intuitive swipe-to-select gesture for managing multiple items (Slide finger horizontally across items to
- select/deselect them; see YouTube Videos, web site documentation, or in-app help for more information) “Usage View” mode analyzes storage space usage, enabling you to see total size of any folder
- Indexed Search
- File Viewers / Editors (included standard)
- Text Editor with Undo/Redo history, Cut/Copy/Paste, Find, and Pinch-to-zoom
- Binary (Hex) Viewer
- Image Viewer
- Media Player, pop-up Audio Player
- Zip, Tar, GZip, Bzip2, and 7zip Archive Extractor / Creator (.zip, .tgz, .tar.gz, .tar.bz2, .7z)
- RAR Extractor (UnRAR)
- Shell Script Executor
- Media Capabilities (FX Plus add-on required):
- Browse image and video collections
- Browse audio by artist, album, playlist, or all tracks
- Create and rearrange playlists with drag and drop (multiple files can be rearranged by selecting them)
- Network / Cloud Capabilities (requires FX Plus add-on):
- Windows networking (SMB)
- FTP (including secure FTP-S and FTP-ES)
- SSH FTP (Secure Shell FTP; password and public key auth)
- WebDAV (see help for using WebDAV with OwnCloud)
- Cloud Storage: Google Drive (incl. Google Docs), Dropbox, SugarSync, Box (Box.net), and SkyDrive (SkyDrive
- requires Android 2.2 or later)
- Stream video and audio media files from SMB, FTP, SSH, Google Drive, Dropbox, SugarSync, Box, and SkyDrive to media player applications
- Browse local network for Windows (SMB) shares
- Find FTP and SSH FTP local network shares using multicast DNS (mDNS) service discovery (Bonjour/Zeroconf/Avahi)
- Encrypted keyring (used to avoid entering sensitive passwords in public while not allowing access in event of device theft)
- Download and convert Google Drive / Google Docs files into Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- OpenDocument, PDF, and other formats
- Bluetooth Capabilities (FX Plus add-on required):
- Bluetooth FTP Client
- Discover / pair devices from within FX File Explorer
- Additional FX Plus Features:
- AES-256, AES-128 Zip Encryption. Browse inside encrypted Zip files, viewing text documents, images, audio, and video without writing unencrypted data to SD card
- App Management
- Browse apps by permission
- Streaming video playback: Format support is based upon third-party playback software installed on your
- device. Android typically supports MP4 and 3GP. FX can play AVI, FLV, MKV, and WMV formats *IF* you
- install third-party players available from the Google Play Store.
- GDrive / GDocs: Cut/pasted documents will be converted to Microsoft Office formats by default. Use “Open
- With” to download them in the format of your choice.
- FX 5 beta release. Major user interface updates. Added FX Connect to enable wireless transfers of files between
- devices, and FX Web Access (based on NextApp WebSharing) for computer-device file transfers.
- r5028: contains bugfixes to correct issues with search/cleaning tools, music uploads, and access to SD cards.
- r5029: SD card access bugfixes, option to mark junk folders and hidden.
- r5031: Bugfixes, performance improvements on lower-end devices
How to install?
- Save the downloaded .apk on your android phone’s SD card
- Run and install it
- That’s it,Enjoy!
- File Explorer Plus/Root v184.108.40.206 APK (8.6 MB) /Mirror / Mirror / Mirrors
- Download Apk and Data
- Download Apk Only