• Keeps using the default Lollipop lockscreen, no custom implementation with weird limitations
• Control how long the lockscreen is shown
• White or black list apps whose notifications should or shouldn’t turn on the screen
• Quiet time to prevent the screen from turning on at a bad time
• Pocket mode prevent the screen from turning on in your pocket or face down
• Unpocket mode to detect when the phone is no longer in your pocket
• Limit unpocketing detection time
• Repocketing detection: detect when the device might be put back in the pocket by waiting for the proximity sensor being covered after the screen goes off
• Movement mode detects if you picket up the phone to check a new notification
• Using modern Android APIs this app is as compliant and energy efficient as possible
• No ads
• Completely for free!
Caschys Blog (German):
XDA Development Thread:
Nullgrad Apps on Google+:
• WAKE_LOCK: required to turn on the screen. One wakelock is acquired and immediately released, so there is no hidden akku drainage.
• Once installed, the app needs to be registered as a notification listener within Android. This is a requirement on Android if an app wants to react on notifications. Glimpse Notifications will not read or process your notifications your notifications. Only the originating app is compared against the white list to decide whether the screen should be turned on.
• If you want Glimpse Notifications to control the duration how long the lockscreen is shown, you will be asked to register it as a Device Administrator. Android requires this for apps that want to lock the device.
WHAT’S YOUR BUSINESS MODEL?
A question I’m asking myself with any free app: Well, there isn’t one to be honest. This is my first published Android app — I wrote it to learn developing for the Android platform, and obviously because I was annoyed to fiddle with the power button too much.
Perhaps I add a way to donate in the future, but I don’t intend to live on this app. So just go ahead and enjoy it!
Existing potential alternatives on Google Play are far to elaborate considering what I need. Also, they typically bring their own lock screen which I just don’t need.
Download Locations for Glimpse Notifications APK 18.104.22.168
• Download APK from Zippyshare >>
• Get it on Google Play >>
Disclaimer: Glimpse Notifications is the property and trademark from Nullgrad Apps, all rights reserved.