Open Camera is a fully featured and completely free Camera app for phones and tablets
* Option to auto-stabilize so your pictures are perfectly level no matter what (see example image shown above).
* Zoom via multi-touch gesture and single-touch control.
* Flash on/off/auto/torch.
* Choice of focus modes (including macro, and a “manual” focus mode which only focuses when you touch the screen).
* Touch to select focus and metering area.
* Face detection option.
* Choice of front/back camera.
* Choose scene modes, color effects, white balance, ISO and exposure compensation.
* Support for exposure lock.
* Video recording (with optional audio, and support for video stabilization, and changing frame rate and bitrate).
* Choice of camera and video resolution, and JPEG image quality. Support for all resolutions offered by the camera. Also support for 4K UHD (3840×2160) video on some devices (experimental – may not work on some devices!).
* Option to lock orientation to portrait or landscape for photo or video.
* Timer option.
* Burst mode, with configurable delay.
* Thumbnail of last photo/video is displayed, with link to the gallery app.
* Option to silence the shutter.
* GUI works in any orientation without any pause when changing orientation. Option to optimise for left and right-handed users.
* Configurable volume keys (to take picture, focus, zoom, change exposure compensation, turn auto-stabilise on/off).
* Choice of save folder (though note Google have blocked write access to external SD cards in Android 4.4, see ).
* Configurable on-screen display shows battery, time, remaining device memory, orientation and direction of camera; also option to overlay a choice of grids (including “rule of thirds”).
* Preview aspect ratio can be set either to maximise the preview display size, or match the aspect ratio of the photo/video resolution (so what you see is what is actually recorded).
* Optional GPS location tagging (geotagging) of photos and videos; for photos this includes compass direction (GPSImgDirection, GPSImgDirectionRef).
* Support for external microphones (may not be supported by all devices).
* Instructions available from
* Small file size.
* Completely free and ad-free, unlike most Android apps. Open Source.
(Some features may not be available on all devices, as they may depend on hardware features, or the Android version.)
Requires Android: 4.0.3 and up
- More info from Google Play Store
- Open Camera v1.24 Apk